Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Better late than never

Sorry, friends, for my lack of posting the past few days.  But, better late than never, right?

My weekend project was to make some DIY coasters.  They're really quite easy to make, which is great!  The only issue I encountered was simply the smell of the Mod Podge.  I was NOT expecting it to smell so bad! 

Haha, anyway, here's a series of pictures to show how I made them:








I'm going to sell these for $5 for 4 coasters.  I have a whole book of scrapbook paper with different designs so if you'd like some, you can just tell me what color you'd like and I can show you a few different options in that color.


And here's a preview of tomorrow's post:



1 comment:

  1. Love the coasters, Kim!!! I have this pinned to do soon, so it's nice to know how easy it is! I, too, hate the smell of Modge Podge. I covered some pumpkins a couple years ago and WHEW. Yeah. My apartment smelled like Modge Podge (and was covered in glitter) for a couple of weeks!

    xo,
    A

    Here's the link to the pumpkin I made. I made one for my mom, Vance's mom and my grandma. I used different tissue papers, gem colors, glitter glue colors, etc. :-) Oh and I used white glitter, not black glitter. :-)

    http://www.michaels.com/Cheetah-Pumpkin/e07352,default,pd.html?start=136&cgid=projects-seasonandcelebrations-halloween&srule=Creation%20Date%20-%208%2f9%2f10%204%3a20%3a49%20pm

    ReplyDelete