Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Commission

I was recently honored to be asked of a friend here at work to make a painting for someone.  This friend had just climbed Mount Elbert in Colorado and at 14, 440 feet tall, that was an accomplishment that deserved some sort of remembrace!  We worked together to figure out what we wanted the painting to look like and I set to making it.  Here is the finished result:


I had never painted anything like this before - something based off of a photograph - so I was very pleased with the outcome!  I'm just glad it resembles a landscape! :)

Just thought I'd share this latest and new endeavor.  I'm still busy making coasters and yarn wreaths so I haven't really had a lot of time to try anything new lately.  I've got a few ideas that I'm going to try once I can surface from making coasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment